- To play this game you need an ordinary 6-sided die.
- Each turn of the game consists of one or more rolls of the die. You keep rolling until you decide to stop, or until you roll a 1. You may choose to stop at any time.
- If you roll a 1, your score for that turn is 0.
- If you choose to stop rolling before you roll a 1, your score is the sum of all the numbers you rolled on that turn.
- Each player has 10 turns.
- The player with the highest score wins.
There are many variations of this game, the most common being a full class version in which the teacher rolls the die, and calls out the numbers. All students play using the same numbers and their score depends on when they elect to ‘save’ their score. If they save their score any further rolls that turn do not count towards their score. If a 1 is rolled all players who have not saved their score get 0 for that turn and the next turn starts.